Have you ever had someone in your life that went out of their way to make you feel special? It feels wonderful, right?
That warm feeling of knowing that you are special to someone really is extraordinary. It means that we are appreciated, loved and acknowledged. Those warm feelings from one person to another make both parties feel delight.
It is so nice to make a special someone feel good. And that really is what Mother’s Day is all about. It’s a special day set aside for each of us to make our Mother feel special.
Now I know that my Mom loves the little things that I do; things that show I care. She isn’t that impressed by grand gestures but rather my thoughtfulness in knowing what she likes.
I bet your Mom or special someone would agree and I have a great list of gift ideas that I think would make anyone, young or old, feel great.
Last Minute (Mother’s Day) Gift Ideas:
- Framed family photo. This is especially thoughtful when you live long distance.
- Breakfast in bed is always a favorite.
- A Gift Certificate to a local Spa for a Massage or Facial.
- A subscription service delivered monthly, such as Birch Box.
- Get her a bottle of her favorite perfume.
- Buy her a pair of luxurious new slippers.
- Stop by the local nursery and get a potted or hanging plant.
- Purchase some fancy nice smelling candles.
- Get her a Kindle reader with an Amazon gift card for her favorite books.
- Pick up a Secret Garden Color book and some colored pencils.
Some Ideas for a Long Distance Gift:
- Set up a video chat on Google Hangouts, Skype or Face Time. Your special someone (or Mom) will love to see your face!
- An in-person surprise visit by flying or driving in to spend time with her.
- Send a care package of her favorite things.
Some other options to consider:
Choose something that truly reflects the personality of the relationship you two share. Maybe give her a book or CD that reminds you of her.
Also, spending time together is always a big hit. Maybe purchase a gift certificate to a Pottery Class or some other adventure that you can do together.
You could also write her some fun, amazing notes and leave them around the house for her to find. A note can simply show her that you want her to feel loved.
The most important thing is that you take the time to let your Mother (or special someone) know that you are thinking about her. Make them feel special.
And don’t get overwhelmed or worry that you’ve waited too long and now it’s too late to do anything. I have listed some items that you could do in under an hour and other things that will work long distance.
So, whether you are a planner or you wait until the last minute, I’m sure that if you review the list above that you will find the perfect way to make your Mother – or anyone – feel special.