I wanted something bright and cheery that I would see every day. I wanted something dramatic ~ but maybe keep it a secret, too.
Meet the inside (NEW) of our Medicine Cabinet!
Our bathroom is painted a Crumb Cake (tan) with Baja Breeze (light turquoise) and Early Espresso (dark brown) accents. It's fairly neutral.
We do have a pop of Tangerine Tango in one print to brighten the room up, so I thought that adding a little more bright color might do the trick.
I had created this Good Times Jar awhile back as part of a Pinterest Make It! Challenge and I loved the bright colors (and Chevrons!). So I used this as my Inspiration.
And here is my blank slate ~
You can see the corner of the print I mentioned earlier.
Let's get started!
Here is a Step by Step Tutorial:
1. I started out by measuring the inside of the cabinet to see how many sheets I'd need to print out. After printing, I trimmed off the white edge.
TIP: Be careful not to over trim or it will mess up the pattern when you go to line them up.
2. Then I started taping them together, being careful to line up the Chevrons.
TIP: Once together, you could put a coat of Clear Shelf Liner over the top to make it waterproof. But, I didn't want to run to Lowes (again) so I skipped that step.
3. Once I had created the one sheet that was large enough, I moved into the bathroom.
4. From here, I lightly sprayed on some Spray Adhesive to the back. Enough so it will stick but still be removable.
5. Then I started in the upper Left corner and lightly pressed it into place; working across the top and down as I went. Sorry, no pictures of that part as I needed both hands to get it all in place.
Here it is again ~
Here is a glimpse of my Inspiration, the print I created with MDS, in Tangerine Tango ~
So bright and cheey!!
The tags on the Good Times Jar were in Baja Breeze.
Here is the Baja Breeze ~
Also, very pretty!!
And just for fun, here it is in Pool Party ~
I just love the chevrons and the distressed look to this pattern, don't you?!
This is another fun project I created in My Digital Studio ~ which has now been permanently reduced in price to $19.99! You can also get a FREE 30 Day Trial of My Digital Studio here.
If you'd like to download a free copy of this print, you can get it on 8-1/2 x 11 here in Tangerine Tango, here in Baja Breeze or Pool Party.
I'd love to see what you create so let me know and link up in the comments below.
Another recent project that has been a big hit is my Spring Burlap Pennant. Take a look ~ there is also a pattern to make your own pennant.
You should also take a minute (or many!) and check out my Where I Party page and follow along on some amazing Linky Parties at my Favorite Blogs!
I'd love for you to follow me on BlogLovin ~ and check back tomorrow, Tuesday, April 2nd as I will be Co-Hosting another Linky Party!!!
I get so much inspiration from these lovelie ladies! I'm been pinning like crazy ~ check out my Pinterest Boards and FOLLOW so you don't miss a thing!