VMG206 is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. While we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, it does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra.
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for Spring! I’ve had enough of boots and bulky sweaters and I’m ready to see spring flowers sprouting, butterflies flying and smell fresh-cut grass. I am longing to feel the sunshine on my face and take my dog for long walks to the park.
It just seems that we’ve reached that place in Winter where it’s time to say enough. Well, the weather will do what the weather will do but I think I can take matters into my own hands and bring a little Spring into my life.
So, as I’m looking forward to Spring, I can’t help but notice all the Spring colors and outfits in advertisements. Well, it got me to thinking about ways to brighten up my look and maybe lift my spirits. I think Spring is a great time to invest in a few “trendy” pieces to spice up the wardrobe.
Now when I say “trendy” I also mean wearable. I did a little research to see what the fashion world had to say about Spring Trends, and I found a few things that I don’t think are going to translate into my wardrobe. Just for fun, here are a few that I am NOT going to try:
- Bikini with overcoat – Just, no.
- Bra-strap showing – See above.
- Overalls – The trend I’m seeing is Overall Dresses. Personally, I think overalls only look good on babies.
- One shoulder (exposed) – This one actually could work; just not my style.
- Serious Stripes – The stripes are almost hypnotizing.
However, I did find some great ideas that can be adapted into anyone’s wardrobe.
Here are my 5 Must Haves for Spring ~
- Slogan Tee – These are so fun! I’ve seen them with jeans and tennis shoes or dressed up with a cute floral skirt. These are fun and inexpensive, too!
- Floral – I am seeing floral prints everywhere. From scarves to skirts to t-shirts, blouses and pants. The smaller pieces are a great and inexpensive way to Spring-Up your look.
- Pink and Pastel Colors – I am seeing a lot of pink and pastels; coral seems to be big, too. I think a cute pastel skirt paired with a floral blouse and jean jacket would be lovely.
- Colored Jeans / Capris – I am loving the fun colored jeans and capris! I’ve seen pink, coral and mint to name a few. How fun is that?! Add a fun floral t-shirt and an army green jacket to complete the look.
- Casual Shoes – I’m seeing a lot more cute tennis shoes or booties with outfits lately. I think it’s fun to dress-down a skirt and blouse by adding a jean jacket and tennis shoes. Much more comfortable, too!
I think a good way to incorporate some of these Spring looks into your existing wardrobe would be to pull out your go-to outfits. Then, consider changing out a long sleeved floral t-shirt for the bulky sweater; also, maybe add some tennis shoes or booties in place of your boots. You might even add a floral scarf in place of your winter plaid.
So, remember, whatever the weather it’s a great idea to add in some Spring-y items to your wardrobe. A little pick-me-up is just what you need to get you in the mood for Spring!
Other related articles: