VMG206 is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. While we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, it does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra.
I think we can safely say that Social Media is here to stay! I think the easiest way to get on board (online) is by using Instagram. For anyone who’s been living in a cave the past few years, Instagram is a Photo-based Social Media platform. Basically, you load up one of your beautiful photos that you snap with your smart phone, type a quick comment and post it.
Instagram is so easy and so fun! It’s great to scroll through when you have a few free minutes and just enjoy some wonderful photos. You select who you Follow so you are able to fill your feed with the genre you desire. Mine, of course, is DIY and Farmhouse Decor. And Dogs.
So let’s get you started!
First, go set up an Instagram account. You can easily do this from your computer or phone. Be thoughtful in creating your user name; mine is my blog name (vmg206).
Next, load up your first 9 photos. Why 9? Well that is the number of photos that show in your profile. So once you have 9, your profile is full and ready for new followers. Then, as you add additional photos they just scoot down. So whenever anyone goes to your profile the will see the 9 most recently posted photos.
Now ~ here are the 7 tips to consider BEFORE posting photos:
- Brand yourself. This is easily done by using a filter so all your photos have a consistent look.
- Post on a regular basis. I post a few times a day; you should start with once a day or at least a few times a week.
- As a rule, do not post graphics with words. Images without words tend to get a lot more likes! You can keep your words to the comments section. Just take pictures and post!
- Follow others that post interests similar to yours (and try to follow back when you get new followers.
- Interact with those that leave you comments.
- Don’t join in programs to gain followers – it won’t serve you in the long run.
- Have fun!
I hope you found these tips useful. I think that if you follow these tips you will find you have a growing Instagram following. I’m on Instagram @vmg206; leave your your @and I’ll follow you back.